[Coco] More new ideas for booting Nitros9

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 08:06:18 EST 2015

I was wandering through the low-level Nitros9 bootup sequence again.
Doing more thinking (Like Allen and David) how to make effective
improvements to Nitros9.  Now that I've devised a way to rid Nitros9
from the burden of the REL and BOOT yokes,  I've started thinking
about phase 2 of modernizing booting:

Phase One:   Remove BOOT and REL from run-time (saves 768 bytes of
system memory)
Phase Two:   Remove initialization code from KRN (saves almost 512
bytes of system memory)
Phase Three: Combine KRN with the rest of OS9Boot, or combine KRN with KRNP2
Phase Four:  Passing a "commandline" to the kernel from the booter.
Dynamically tell the kernel what use as /DD, etc....

New thoughts and New ideas welcome....

--
Brett M. Gordon,
beretta42 at gmail.com