[Coco] Is there a string library for basic09?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 4 05:22:34 EST 2015

On 3/02/2015 10:47 PM, K. Pruitt wrote:

> So
> excuse me if I throw out the occasional boner of a suggestion, and do so
> with enthusiasm.  I always mean well.  But if my attitude is not welcome
> here I will certainly move on without fuss.

Sorry to hear you have health issues, and apologies if I came across as
scorning or berating, I didn't have that intention. I've been dealing with
astounding incompetence at work for the last few weeks and some of my
frustrations have obviously rubbed off in my post. :(

> And yes, converting these two integer values in to a real is the goal.

As has been mentioned in this thread, there are documented work-arounds and
I believe one of them is the most 'correct' was to handle it.

At the core is perhaps the need for representing 16-bit unsigned or - better
yet, a 32-bit - integer in BASIC09. I was trying to suggest that if one was
going to forego the work-arounds and put some effort into implementing a
'proper' solution then one approach might be to address the fundamental
problem. I'm sure, for example, 32-bit integer support would be useful for
other application as well.

Anyway, no issue with people thinking out aloud and proposing ideas. Didn't
mean to discourage you. Apologies again.

Regards,