[Coco] [OT} OS-9 on Raspberry Pi

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:19:43 EST 2015

It's not a customer issue.  It was (allegedly) caused by developers back in the day doing something like:

If (getWindowsVersion.contains("Windows9*"):
	//then assume windows 95/98 ....

So calling a Windows version "Windows 9" would break a lot of old software.

PC World - among many others - ran an article on this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2690724/why-windows-10-isnt-named-9-windows-95-legacy-code.html

Tagging this as off topic since we are off into a Windows conversation,
John