[Coco] OS-9 on Raspberry Pi

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Feb 3 14:25:03 EST 2015

> On Feb 3, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Al Hartman <alhartman6 at optonline.net> wrote:
>
> I just read that Microsoft will have Windows 10 on the Raspberry PI 2 (which is now a quad core 900mhz ARM processor).

Yes -- but since it's ARM, it won't run any Windows apps, will it? And if they don't provide all the .NET, etc. APIs, compiling normal Windows code may not be easy. I'm still digging in to this to see just what it means.

> That ought to make a great DW server, and if somebody ports a Coco Emulator to it, might make a nice platform for Coco Emulation cheap. There's even a project for the older RP to get it to read 5.25" floppies.

You can run DW server on the current Pis right now (Java), and Chris Hawks put MESS on a Pi and stuck it in a CoCo case (using the actual keyboard) years ago -- so it won't take Windows for that.

		-- A