[Coco] Advice

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Feb 2 00:35:34 EST 2015

On 2/1/2015 8:27 PM, Camillus Blockx wrote:
> Hi all coco geeks,
>

> Now Is any one familiar with the schematics and know if there is copyright on them, or if they are free to use?
> Also did someone all ready build a MPI using those schematics?
I looked at them, but the untested moniker needs to be considered.

> And if any one who wants to make a similar project, then maybe we can share some thoughts and make it a joint venture?
Well, I am happy to help, but I am just in the early stages of working
on the design.  For success sake, I was working on a 4 port unit first,
and then seeing if the idea held merit to do more slots.

I am replying to you, but I think there is some value in having the
discussions in the public arena.  The forums can be a goldmine of
information for later folks.

I am still gathering information, such as:

  * As noted in an earlier question from me, the difference between the
    units.  Darren provided a nice piece of information
  * If addresses did not overlap, would there be utility in having
    multiple slots "on" at once for SCS or CTS (or both).
      o Because, I can see someone wanting a FDC, an HDC, a modem,
        Ethernet, and maybe a Speech cart on all at the same time.
      o Your "stack on" idea would be easier to implement with this in
        mind.  Put all the carts in the address space at one time.
  * If so, how would it be best to enable this new feature without
    messing up the older apps.

Jim