[Coco] Coco disks

Mon Feb 2 00:09:33 EST 2015

"Bill" <cwgordon-iK5jlJkdgf9Jm/Hvfsr4+Q at public.gmane.org> wrote in message news:003701d03e94$e06239c0$a126ad40$@carolina.rr.com...
> By the way, I don’t have a PC with a 5 ¼” drive on it, so it’s gonna be slow

Which begs the question do you have a computer that can run Drivewire to connect from your CoCo?

Checking what type of OS you are using I found "Outlook" which suggests Windows which will run Java as well as many other OS's.

Please correct me quickly if I am wrong and you will be given a Good Computing Seal of Approval from many people here.

Allen Huffman's suggestion for you to use COCOSDC and a MPI also require that you have a computer that can read SDC cards. My last two laptops, Vista and W7 do and I also have a USB hub that does also.

2500 is very large number of disks, I would suggest that you build three piles, Rainbow, Commercial Software and personal. Is there any sign of an master index for the last which is missing from a collection of 175 disks named 0000.dsk - 0174.dsk which has proved to contain only 1-2 Rainbow on Disk.

The first step would be to number the disks with labels. The number of tracks and sides should be added as soon as known. DECB or OS-9 format or mixed.

I used a color code to separate out DECB / OS-9 and the number of tracks and sides.

A spreadsheet, database or just a text file to keep track is also needed.
Commercial Software has a very large number of disks already converted, those and any damaged disks I suggest you put to the end. I know where most are stored.

Because of the speed of Drivewire to a Windows computer, that would be my suggestion.

You can load the CoCo part from a disk and select a NitrOS-9 boot disk with it also.

SHF