[Coco] Coco disks

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 1 22:11:50 EST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 9:02 PM, Bill <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
> My question is this: How do I go about getting all these disks into a .dsk
> format so I can share them? I have several 5 ¼” disk drives, and (2) 512K
> Coco3s. Going from actual disk is something I’ve never done, but I’ve copied
> several .dsk images to physical disks.

Use a COCOSDC interface ($40 assembled).

MultiPak has Floppy Drive controller in one slot, CoCoSDC in another.

Put in a formatted SD card in to the CoCoSDC, then boot up.

Make Drive 0 be your real drive:

DRIVE 0,OFF

Create a disk image for the disk you want to copy:

DRIVE 1,”GAMES1.DSK”,NEW

Put real disk on drive 0 and back it up:

BACKUP 0 TO 1

Repeat hundreds of times.

I had about 25 disks with errors, so I wrote a short basic program to copy sector-by-sector to get as much data as possible. This is what I have been doing the past few weeks.

		— Allen