[Coco] tsmon / login

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 1 21:50:30 EST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 8:26 PM, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:
>
> 	I would think that it's the windows using a lot of memory. They
> use quite a bit, and their drivers too. Try inizing them 'by hand' and
> check. Big fancy (graphic) windows use a lot of memory, but, the
> descriptors have been changed so many times  who knows what they're set
> for. I just substitute my own.

Good thoughts, but not it. I boot with:

iniz w1 w2
shell i=/w1 &
shell i+/w2 &

…and check memory.

ThenI comment out those two shell lines, and put in

tsmon /term
tsmon /w1
tsmon /w2

…or similar. Huge difference in memory, but I think it’s because SysGo and Shell are sticking around.

I can’t even remember how to set the prompt for the /Term shell. I can’t patch shell because my prompt has spaces in it. I do the “p=…” for the two shells I spawn, but not sure how to do it on /Term.

>> It’s been too long!
>
> Amen! Wish I had time to play...

Understood - I was kept away for 10 years :)

		— A