[Coco] tsmon / login

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 1 21:26:01 EST 2015

On Sunday 01 February 2015 19:22:42 Allen Huffman did opine
And Gene did reply:
> > On Feb 1, 2015, at 6:14 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dunno, but I wonder if its somehow related to something I have
> > noticed but have not figured a way out of.
> >
> > The startup file never has the lock against it removed, for about the
> > last 3 or 4 years. So if I want to putz with the startup, I have to
> > copy it to another name, edit it, save it, and copy -r to startup,
> > else I get a non- sharable file is busy when I try to save. I have
> > tried it with no cr on the end, up to two crs on the end, makes no
> > diff, the lock is never released.
>
> That is not the case on mine. I am able to edit startup just fine.
>
> Do you still see "SysGoâ€‌ in proces?
>
> What is at the end of your startup file? If anything in there runs
> without being pushed in the background, then the thing processing
> startup never completes and keeps the file held open.

That has not been required historically, but I will take a look.  Right
now I can't print, something in the dw save it as text code is now adding
trash to the printfile, so my B&W laser just spits out all the paper in
the drawer without putting even a smudge of carbon black on it.  Cups in
the meantime is saying the print job was successful... The coco has been
rebooted many times without restarting dw, so it may be time to try that.
FWIW, printing a cups test page works fine, so it has to be dw (I think)

> > FWIW, I know exactly zip about tsmon, so I've no clue if giving it
> > more than one target to monitor is even legal.
>
> Yes indeed. I assume it has to be / devices and not just term t1 t2 but
> I need to double check. Since it works for /term I think it’s okay.
>
> --
> Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT
> only) Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established
> 1990! Sent from my MacBook.
>
> P.S. Since 4/15/14, I have earned OVER $600  in Amazon gift cards via
> Swagbucks! Use my link and I get credit:
> http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman

And it appears that the next boot disk I make, I make on a floppy with all
the dw stuff stripped out so I can write a script to format me a half a
dozen HDBDOS vdisks to play in.  Only the first 4 or so plus $7E, $80 and
$82 have ever been formatted.  Now I need to find a floppy I can sacrifice
to do that.  Sigh.  Tomorrow I think.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)