[Coco] BASIC09 - unsigned INTEGERs?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Feb 1 09:14:30 EST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 8:03 AM, K. Pruitt <pruittk at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
> The one on cocopedia (cool place by the way) has a typos.  And the original is missing the line which sets the callcode - which I think we've all noticed.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. I saw “callcode” and that it wasn’t used and thought “is this some weird reserved B09 thing?”

> I actually went looking for the code to Syscall to see if what we were trying was even possible.  I used cocopedia to figure out which Rainbow to look at. :)  I actually have that issue in print, but I used the scanned one. I even disassembled fsize to look to see how it was done.
> This IS do-able.  We just haven't figured out how yet.

But is it doable in BASIC09? Two workarounds on how to deal with INTEGERs like this, but I suppose IF one needed that, they wouldn’t use INTEGERs — a type that only represents the -32K to +32K.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sub-Etha Software - http://www.subethasoftware.com - Established 1990!

P.S. Since 4/15/14, I have earned OVER $600  in Amazon gift cards via Swagbucks! Use my link and I get credit:
http://swagbucks.com/refer/allenhuffman