[Coco] "I had a Dream".

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Tue Dec 22 16:17:57 EST 2015

All,

Let me speak for myself here. :)

To me this isn't about powers or rights or workers (like something out of
"Metropolis"), but just about access.

Frankly, I was surprised to see the FTP site on archive.org. I already have a
robots.txt file that denies all indexing of all my public_ftp directories.

I'm happy if an individual wants to download a copy of the archive.org blob
for safekeeping. But the contents and their naming and filing will change. So
for now, I'd appreciate if the distribution of these collected copies wasn't
widespread, at least with any expectation that they're valid or useful. (And
that goes for hard links, too.)

I've had a couple of offers to help out with renaming and filing, which is the
first step. The second step is validating files. I have the space, so I'm not
worried about duplicates (for now).

More as I think about it.

Dennis