[Coco] How to create an 80 track 2 sided disk with SDC

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:16:31 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Nick Marentes wrote:

> On 18/12/2015 6:54 AM, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
>
> 1: The RS Disk file structure and allocation tables are not real
>> friendly for modification to larger disks.
>> 2: Unmodified RS Disk Basic plays havoc with disks set up with modified
>> structures and allocation tables.
>> Bruce W.
>>

> Ok. That being the case, I'll have to do it via drivewire. I think it
> works that way. I'll try it and see.
>
> Sounds like a version of CoCoSDC with support for larger DSK's is in
> order.  :)
>
> Oh, and an easier way to mount SD folders and disks judging from the user
> feedback I read.   :)
>
> Nick

DriveWire (actually HDB-DOS) does not support more than 35 tracks either.
What it does is divide a large DSK (hard disk image) into multiple 35-track
images which you can access with drive numbers ranging from 0 to 255.

I believe someone has created a version of HDB-DOS to work with the CoCo
SDC, so perhaps that may be an option for you.

- Darren