[Coco] Homebrew CoCo Games

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Fri Dec 11 09:51:23 EST 2015

In other communities with regular homebrew releases, loose cartridges
usually run from $25 to about $40. Boxed games usually run from about $35 -
$80, with the former range usually being in off-the-shelf plastic snapcases
and the latter range usually with full color cardboard boxes (often done
professionally). It all comes down to what the creator is willing to sell
it for and what the community will ultimately support, particularly when it
comes to viable print runs.

I suppose it also comes down to exactly what is being sold. For instance,
there are many times where if a game isn't an arcade port, it won't sell as
well or as quickly as one that is. I'm of two minds on that one. While I've
bought a ton of homebrew arcade ports for countless systems, these days,
because so much new product is being produced, I tend to favor more
original creations (which are still often ports from other platforms). For
instance, on the ColecoVision, something like six new releases were
recently being offered at once, and there was no way I was going to be able
to afford all six. In that case I ended up getting two and focused on the
ones that I didn't really have for other systems. Of course I don't think
volume will be an issue here, so any new releases I would think - at least
early on in the process - would be warmly received by the CoCo community.
Once the novelty wears off, some adjustments may or may have to be made.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and