[Coco] SuperPak Cartridge... coming soon.

Boisy G. Pitre coco at toughmac.com
Fri Dec 11 09:01:09 EST 2015

Thanks Brian. I appreciate everyone’s feedback on the SuperPak cartridge.

Just to put some perspective here, John Linville, Mike Rowen, and I have been working on this with Mark Siegel ever since the CoCoFest earlier this year. It’s an idea born out of the need for a stylish, highly available case that can take current PCBs as well as new designs. I was tired of having to sacrifice existing paks just for the cases, and John wanted something already made for his multi-million copy seller, Fahrfall :)

There were many back and forth ideas and attempts along with 3D printed models for vetting and testing. This isn’t merely just a copy of the existing shorty pak that Tandy produced over three decades ago. This is a new design that incorporates a few cool features (e.g. dimples on the side for fingers instead of indentions, and a sleek tapered design that hides the innards of the cartridge but doesn’t require a door like the old pak).

There was significant time and cost to design and produce these paks. Because they are injection molded ABS plastic and not 3D printed or machined, they are quite durable and great to look at. The manufacturer worked with us to ensure that we kept the spirit of the original Pak but had something new and slightly different to offer.

In short, it was truly a team effort.

 We’re waiting on some final costs to come in before we finalize the price; that should come in the next few weeks.
—
Boisy G. Pitre
CoCo Projects Coordinator
http://www.cloud9tech.com <http://www.cloud9tech.com/>