[Coco] SuperPak Cartridge... coming soon.

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 10 02:00:32 EST 2015

On 10/12/2015 11:21 AM, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> Six months in the making, and it's almost here… the new SuperPak Cartridge Case. A cool new ROM Pak designed by Mark Siegel, produced by Boisy Pitre <https://www.facebook.com/boisy.pitre>, John W. Linville <https://www.facebook.com/linvjw>, and Mike Rowen. Available soon. (Pictures on the TRS-80 Color Computer Facebook page).
>> Boisy G. Pitre
> CoCo Projects Coordinator

I'd like to see a rom pak PCB that is designed to load a larger game file.

I personally don't see the point of loading all the old 8K/16K rompaks
into a multi-pak considering that all the ROMS are available as a DSK
ready to be loaded from drivewire, CoCoSDC etc.

Any games I write for the CoCo3 are going to be larger than the 8K/16K
rom size anyway so I am currently restricted to loading them as DSK's.

I do like the idea of a game available on a ROM Pak. Makes a nice
collectible in years to come.

How did Mark Seigel "design" this Rom Pak? It's basically a copy off a
standard ROM Pak from the 80's isn't it?

Nick