[Coco] 512K EEPROM...or 4MB!!?

Camillus camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 04:00:42 EST 2015

Interested in selling one?

For the cost of the material +postage?
I want to design one myself anyhow, so this could be my base..

cb

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 12/8/2015 11:46:10 PM, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
Though it was not available to demo at the Coco show in 2015, I have on
my bench a prototype 8MB Flash Cart, offering the following features:

* it can be programmed by the Coco (1/2/3)
* It can hide the registers, and unhide them.
* The base address of the registers can be changed by the Coco
* It supports mapping any 2kB region of the flash cart into the Coco
cartridge address space
* I believe it supports up to 32kB address space, but I am not 100%
sure I have the logic correct for that (it would work, I just have
not tested it)
* It offers 2 momentary switches that can be read under software control
* It supports a single LED that can be software controlled
* It fits in a small Coco cartridge case
* It is licensed under CC3.0 license
* Can be produced pretty cheaply (under $50 for sure)

Obviously, it lacks a nice programmer utility, which is where the
project basically stopped. It's viable and cheap, but does require
software development to be useful. I currently do not have the time to
write such a utility, but I have two units and am happy to send them to
interested individuals who are capable of writing said applications
(needs a menu and a programmer app). I can provide any technical
support on how to program, but my 6809 ASM and even my Coco BASIC
prowess is limited.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but thought I should lay my card(s)
on the table.

Jim