[Coco] Does anyone know how to boot a Linux machine straight to a CoCo emulator?

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Dec 5 07:54:40 EST 2015

Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 01:02:13 -0500
From: "Kip Koon" <computerdoc at sc.rr.com>

If you want to boot the emulator on power on of the computer that runs linux, I would highly recommend AGAINST it.
That is EXACTLY what he wants to do, I believe. Turn the computer on and have it boot up as if it were a Coco without doing anything to help the process along. Not concerned about security issues, assume the physical location of the computer is secure. The idea is to build a machine that acts somewhat like a CoCo, though it would take a minute to boot. Not going to use it as a Linux computer, just a "super CoCo".
There would be some utilities that might be needed in Linux, and there would be access needed for upgrades and such. Might have to use a live CD to boot to do such things. I think I could accept that. If I had one set up that way I don't think I'd worry about updates. If it works don't break it, as some upgrades might do just that.

 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548