[Coco] DECB and BACKUP

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Aug 30 22:10:08 EDT 2015

Ron wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I have RGBDOS and HDBDOS, including the one with Drivewire support. It looks
> like I may need to go the DW option.  I've been trying to do this with a gray
> cased Coco 1 "F" board version with 64K, a gray edition MPI, an original RS Disk
> Basic Cart in Slot 4 and the CoCoSDC in Slot 3, selector switch on 3.
>
> DRIVE 0, OFF
> DRIVE 1,"DISK0001.DSK",NEW
> BACKUP 0 to 1
>
> Rinse and repeat, changing the filename between disks.
>
> If I do this with Drivewire, HGBDOS and a Coco 3, is there a way to premount
> multiple floppies (in drivewire) so I can just use a BASIC program, increment
> the drive number and swap floppies?  Is 4 the limit in Drivewire?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ron

Drivewire4 can have up to 256 floppy disk images mounted at the same time. I'm
not sure if that will help or not. I'm assuming that you have the equivalent of
a hard drive mounted on the CoCoSDC and want to backup sequentially DW drives
0-255 to equivalent drives on the CoCoSDC.

That type of backup might be possible as long as there is not a conflict of
drive numbers between Drivewire and the CoCoSDC.
So if drive1 gives access to the CoCoSDC and you use drives 2-255 on Drivewire
then maybe:

FOR DR=2 TO 255
DRIVE 1,"DISK"+STR$(DR-1)+".DSK",NEW
BACKUP DR TO 1