[Coco] Modern Coco Keyboard Replacements

Steve Batson steve_batson at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 13:41:40 EDT 2015

Mark,

Again, I don't think anyone is putting  you down or has any ill will against you or what you are doing. I commend you for the time you are spending in search of the solution you as well as others may be looking for.

You talk about quality and I don't think any of us have an issue there, it's just hard to for several to either justify the money or find it for a premium keyboard. As nice as that might be, it's not a solution for the CoCo masses (as small as that group may be). It would be nice to have low cost options too. I won't replace a CoCo keyboard until it dies because I don't type on it all day. For my PC and My Mac, I have nice mechanical keyboards because that's where most of my typing time is spent. As you say, the CoCo is a hobby. If one wants to put a 2015 Mercedes Body over a 1965 VW Engine, more power to them. I think first and foremost as many have commented, replacement keyboards/parts are the biggest concern for our aging CoCos.

I certainly wouldn't take it personally if others can't or won't spend the money on what you can work out with any of these companies.

I think your efforts to find any nice keyboard solution are awesome! I just don't see myself spending $150-$200+ for one.