[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 153, Issue 58

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sun Aug 23 03:44:21 EDT 2015

It looks like the cherry switches are obtainable for $1.33 a switch in quantities needed for a single keyboard. Less $ if more than that are needed. At the quantities for a single keyboard that works out to $80 for the switches.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30Pcs-Cherry-MX-Brown-Switch-Original-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switch-Free-Ship-/271574517333?hash=item3f3b1a4655

Also, I saw entire cherry switch keyboards listed for $20. You could buy one of those and scavenge the switches and you would have almost enough for two CoCo 3 keyboards, plus most of the keycaps would be useable as is, that is if you wanted the CoCo 3 key layout, otherwise if you wanted a standard layout and patched your ROM accordingly, all of them would be usable.