[Coco] Mechanical keyboard upgrades for the CoCo

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Fri Aug 21 16:40:46 EDT 2015

> On Aug 21, 2015, at 13:07 , camillus <camillus.b.58 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm sorry there are so many alternatives ( ps2adapter, raspPi, arduino ) to make interfaces under $100 that works with ps2 keyboard, it does not sactify spending $150 for a new keyboard. Also that $150 can buy me a FPGA DE1 board, that has already a keyboard interface on board.
>
> So, count me off for this one.

No problem at all. I'm surprised by how much interest there is in this already.

> On Aug 21, 2015, at 13:25 , Brian Blake <random.rodder at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Also, a CPLD on the PCB solves the issue of the key layouts. Not perfect to
> the original, but, certainly acceptable to most users.

Personally, I'd want an original key layout very close to one of the original CoCo keyboards. The programmable approach using modern shifted functions doesn't appeal to me; I'd just want good quality keys in a plain, original matrix. Basically, just an HJL-57 using current production high-quality key switches.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/