[Coco] de-yellowing cases?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:40:16 EDT 2015

On Fri Aug 21 2015, Bill Traynor wrote:

Is there a known working way to fix discoloration on old CoCo cases?
> I'm considering this method on a yellowed CoCo2 case:
>

> http://www.retrofixes.com/2013/10/how-to-clean-whiten-yellowed-plastics.html
>
> But what about dirty grey CoCo1 cases, is it possible to restore them
> to new-ish condition?

The gray CoCo 1 finish is spray paint over a black molded base, typically
when a CoCo 1 is well used the gray paint will start rubbing off on the
front keyboard edges, just where the user5's hands would continuously rest
while using the computer. These cases have to be repainted to bring them
back to restored condition - I do recall some early discussions on this
calling for a Mercedes Silver Gray spray paint usually found at automotive
accessories outlets.

-- RP