[Coco] Donkey Kong Remixed for the CoCo 3

John Kowalski sockmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:29:44 EDT 2015

Hi Mark,

Ah, I already have DK Remixed rewritten in Z80 and running in MAME.
I would be curious to see what a *nice* commented disassembly looks
like, but I already plowed ahead and did without that nicety.

Mark McDougall wrote:

> My Coco3 isn't set up atm so I can't try it...
>
> Let me know if you think my Donkey Kong disassembly will be of any help
> - it's about 50% commented and labelled. I should re-assemble it and
> confirms that it produces the same binary... but I don't see why it wouldn't.
>
> Regards,

Hi Kandur,

Most of the ports are not much like the original arcade game.   I am
impressed by the Amstrad CPC version, which looks like it's running a
subset of the original code so it looks like it's playing pretty
authentically.. luckily for them the Amstrad has the same Z80 CPU as
the arcade game.

--
John Kowalski / Sock Master
http://users.aei.ca/twilight/sock