[Coco] new mylars

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:13:13 EDT 2015

Yes, I know, but those things don’t really come into play at the slow speeds and simple circuits
involved with 80s computers like the CoCo.

It’s probably too much for a beginner to think about high-speed differential pairs and the like.
It can be overwhelming enough just getting started in self-taught design.  Let them get the basics
down first before learning the more advanced concepts.

A quick check shows that ORCAD is indeed not cheap…  $3,000 to $7,000 and up, putting it permanently
out of the reach of almost all hobbyists.  The good news is that excellent boards can be made with the free
and less expensive tools, though it may take more effort.

- Ed