[Coco] More optimizations for the CMOC compiler

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Aug 10 02:28:39 EDT 2015

Hi Pierre,
I downloaded cmoc v0.1.12 and when I compiled it with gcc, I got the same error message as before so at your suggestion. I changed
#if defined(__unix) || (defined(__APPLE__) && defined(TARGET_OS_MAC)) #include <unistd.h> #endif
to just
#include <unistd.h>
which did not compile either.  Then I tried adding
#include <sys/select.h>
Immediately after it and that DID compile!  Whoo-Hoo!  So now I ran
cmoc
to see if I got an input file error which I did.  Then I ran
cmoc -h
and the cmoc command help information displayed.  Short of compiling an actual C program, I think cmoc is running beautifully on Cygwin 64-bits!  I'll play with some C programs and see what happens.  That you for helping me get cmoc to compile.  I'll be glad to help you with any cygwin users.  Personally, I think Cygwin is great!  Whenever I install Cygwin, I always install everything so I don't have to be concerned with missing any needed programs.  That's my first suggestion to any Cygwin user.  Eventually, I'd like to see CMOC become a full ANSI C 6809 Cross-Compiler!  No rush though.  I know this is a labor of love and a big project.  Thank you for wanting to provide this C to 6809 machine code cross-compiler to the Coco Community.  We've been needing a good C to 6809 machine code cross-compiler.
One suggestion though.  If I remember correctly, Motorola S-Records is not a binary output file option.  Could you add that feature.  When I finally get my Kipper SBC running, any monitor program I choose to run will expect 6809 binary programs to be in Motorola S-Record format.  I would it appreciate very much if you could add this needed feature.  Anyone in the Motorola world expects to get binary files in Motorola S-Record format.  Outside of that, I have no further ideas at this time.  Well, I'll let you get back to developing CMOC!  Take care my friend.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com