[Coco] Coco 3 keyboard (again)

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 09:50:25 EDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 8 2015, Rich Mellor (RWAP) wrote:

I did ask a couple of years ago if there would be enough interest to get a
> run
> of replacement membranes made, but unfortunately, there were only a couple
> of
> people interested.
>
> In reality to get prices realistic, you are looking at a production run of
> 250
> membranes, but the investment required is quite high (around £3,000 at a
> guess).
>
> If there is enough interest, then maybe the answer would be for someone to
> run a
> kickstarter?

Hello Rich,

I was looking for your info when I saw this post on the list - I have
bought replacement membranes for both my ZX-81 and QL computers, I will
stand about the high quality of the items you offer as they were a perfect
fit and with a clearly superior build than the originals, my aging
Sinclairs have an extended lease on life :-)

Question for the list members who may be more familiar with the CoCo
membranes lay out: Are the CoCo 2 & 3 membranes the same layout throughout?
The CoCo 3 has the two extra F1 & F2 pads, if that's the one difference
could a possible run of membranes be laid out so it would be a one size
fits both CoCo models? What about the CoCo 1's layout?

-- RP