[Coco] Coco 3 keyboard (again)

camillus camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 02:26:47 EDT 2015

Sorry about this bad experience.
But if the Mylar damage is not to the extend that it is perforated, then you have a good chance to fix it.

You have to buy some graphite powder or make it your self from a  pencil with sharpener or small knife.

mix this powder with a slow drying glue or epoxy ( two component ).

Take some wire ( speaker ) and strip the insulation about 3 a 4 inch and separate the strands.

Put a small dab of your mixture on the broken track and push in one of the thin wires. If the distance from the gap is big thenfollowe the track an put some dabs of glue along the track. Fix the end at the other broken track again with glue and cut the wire, and let dry. This way you can fix the whole Mylar. If the connector is unusable then you can make a small PCB and cut this so it fits the coco connector on the board. There exist PCB with the tracks already on it, just matter of finding the right one. ( or DIY is also possible ). On this PCB you can solder an flatcable with 15 wires. At the keyboard you h ave to make the same PCB and find a way to secure it on the board ( glue (no graphite in this one )  ). Yu do have to cut the Mylar at the board side and make small wire bridges. At the Mylar side glue and at the PCB side solder. An ohmmeter can help you check if your repair was successful.

This only works if the Mylar is not teared or completely ruined.

There are conductive putty's on the marked but they are high priced.

hope this helps ( if any questions, feel free to contact me ) .

cb

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]