[Coco] Nx1000 Rainbow

abqpenmaster abqpenmaster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 18:12:39 EDT 2015

Hi All,

  is anyone familiar with the NX1000 Rainbow printers by Star Micronics? I have one that the cartridge sits at a steep angle and doesn't actually print anything as the head moves back and forth.   I can take the spring out and it will print in black, but that defeats the purpose of having a color printer!

I read an article in an issue of Coco Disk Friends magazine about this printer, and also the 1020 model,  and a pin that can break, and this author jammed a nail into the head somehow to fix this.  I have looked at the diagrams in the manual and see no way of doing this, does anyone out there know?

www.vavasour.ca/cfdm/issue56.htm
That is CDFM issue #56, under "articles of the month", by Norm Barson.

Thanks,
Sean R.

Albuquerque,  NM USA