[Coco] Kicking the Z-80 butts...

CoCo Demus retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:41:15 EDT 2015

Yes it runs as OS-9 application and all bdos and bios calls are provided
using OS-9. As there is not direct replacement for them so some works is
needed but disk, screen, keyboard is all performed using OS-9 system calls.
The rest of the binary code is interpreted by the emulator, simulating z-80
registers, flags, etc.

CP/M does not access your computer directlym, instead it relies in a set of
BIOS and BDOS calls. These calls are customized for each vendor, this is
why it was possible to emulate them.

I don't have more info, I've provided all the source code. But you can find
CP/M info here:

http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/Cpm/bios.html
http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/Cpm/bdos.html