[Coco] In Search Of... Someone to port NitrOS-9 to SuperPET

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:56:56 EDT 2015

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Jim Brian and I were talking at the fest last weekend (and the VCF East
> the weekend before) about bringing NitrOS-9 to the SuperPET.  It’s a
> worthy platform for a Level 1 port, and it turns out there’s an
> emulator:

> http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/ <http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/>

> The original OS-9 port exists on disk images here:

> http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/superpet/super-os9-mmu/
> <http://mikenaberezny.com/hardware/superpet/super-os9-mmu/>

> Here’s a cool new project that someone could take over and do. Any takers?

I've been able to run the OS-9 L1 port on my SuperPET using Jim's MMU
adapter.  It performs decently, but I've never been able to find any
documentation on the various system utilities.  For example, I'd like to
create a large virtual drive on a PetSD and make it available to OS-9.
In theory, all the utilities are there to do so but I haven't been able to
figure out how to use them (it's done from the 6502 side of things).

Presumably a NitrOS-9 port would need the same basic utilities.  Maybe
someone with more time than I can disassemble the existing ones?