[Coco] Kicking the Z-80 butts...

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Apr 28 16:12:48 EDT 2015

Yes, the ability to write position independent code is very nice. The
6809 can use PC counter relative addressing and branches as well as long
branches which are also relative.  This is something that is practically
impossible to do with the 6502 and other 8-bitters.  I learned assembler
on my 4K CoCo 1.  When I had to write code for Z-80, 6502 and even
68HC11 (6801) later it was like trying to walk with one leg!

Dave Philipsen