[Coco] Easy way to copy 40 track disks to the CoCoSDC?

Daniel Campos daniel.campus at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 16:15:59 EDT 2015

On 26/04/2015 17:03, Darren A wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Al Hartman  wrote:
>
>> You aren't going to be able to run protected software from the CocoSDC.
>>

> Actually, most (if not all) protected software does run from the CoCo SDC.
> Having a solution that would provide the ability to run protected software
> from modern storage media was one of my main goals in creating the CoCo SDC.
>
> Of course there is some difficulty involved since you have to create an SDF
> disk image that is a faithful representation of the protected disk(s).
> Traditionally, the tool used to achieve this on the CoCo has been "The
> Defeater" by Carl England.  Most of the protected titles have already been
> converted to DMK images for use in emulators like MESS and VCC.  If a
> working DMK image exists, you should be able to use the "dmk2sdf" utility
> to convert it to SDF format for use with the CoCo SDC.
>
> - Darren

Thank you for that information Darren! I have a disk that refuses to
copy a specific sector to the SDC and thus don't work at all, but in the
original disk it works just fine. I'll try to use this "Defeater" to see
it solves the issue.
The protected game is one that is not on the Color Archive yet, it's
called "Dragon Blade"

Daniel