[Coco] Easy way to copy 40 track disks to the CoCoSDC?

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sun Apr 26 11:57:24 EDT 2015

Daniel Campos <daniel.campus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm assuming that my disk have 40 tracks, but how can I be certain of
> that ? How to identify if a disk has 40 tracks ? There is a utility to
> identify that ?

I won't really be able to test the hack for a few weeks.

I think a quick internet search with the drives model number will return
the number of tracks it supports.

On the drives I have I can count the audible track steping. When it goes
from 35 to 36 it will sound different if the drive is a 35 track drive.

Here is a program I use on the CoCo 3, with my 40 track disk drive to
backup 40 track disks. It probes the disk to look for the last track:

5 REM READ REAL DISK IN DRIVE 0 COPY TO DISK IMAGE IN DRIVE 1
6 REM FOR COCO 3 AND SDC
10 DRIVE 0,OFF
30 ON ERR GOTO 100
40 POKE &HD534,127 : REM SET TRACK LIMIT TO 127
50 T=34
60 PRINT "TESTING T:";T
70 DSKI$0,T,1,A$,B$
80 T=T+1