[Coco] Easy way to copy 40 track disks to the CoCoSDC?

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sat Apr 25 12:50:32 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Daniel Campos <daniel.campus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm continuing on my efforts to recover the remaining disks, but some of
> them are 40 track disks and I think the BACKUP command on the SDC-DOS is not
> recognizing the sources as 40 tracks. There is some way to easily copy them
> to a .SDF file ?

On a CoCo 3 address 53917 ($D29D) should be 35 ($23). This is where
the BACKUP command gets the maximum track number. If you POKE 40 ($28)
in that location BACKUP should go all the way to track 40. I've not
tested this, so let us all know how it goes. :)

If the disk is a normal 18 256 byte sectors per track, then there is
no reason to use a .SDF file. A .DSK file will be sufficient. Also if
the disk is not a normal 18 256 byte sectors per track, BACKUP
wouldn't work anyway.

tim lindner