[Coco] Coco 2 Keyboards...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Apr 24 04:21:24 EDT 2015

A guy in the U.K. was buying from Zebra Systems whatever ZX-81 and Spectrum
keyboards that Stewart had left. Stewart had bought a lot of them from Timex
Portugal.

When those were gone, he had new ones made up somewhere.

It's not impossible to have new mylar sheets made, and to even have made a
keyboard like the ZX-81/TS-1000/Atari 400. But, unless one goes mechanical,
it would be too expensive to make a full travel keyboard like the Coco 2
had.

Mike Willegal, in making his Apple I replica, the Mimeo - decided to clone
the Datanetics keyboard that most Apple I users used back in the day. This
would be a way to make new Coco keyboards, but it would be expensive:

http://www.willegal.net/appleii/apple1-datanetics.htm

-[ Al ]-