[Coco] [SPAM] Re: OT: PureBasic?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 15:52:18 EDT 2015

Also, I downloaded the demo and manual... It's a really extensive language and as was said, compiles into very small executable files.
I've done quite a bit of research on it and it seems to have outgrown most other "small basics" by a long shot. The built-in PureBasic IDE is reminisant of Visual Basic which I like.

I'm especially intrigued by the 3D graphics examples. I was working with 3D in Visual Basic a few years ago, until the free graphics engine I was using got abandoned and was never finished. The "Ogre" graphics engine implementation in PureBasic far surpasses what I was using and is 50 times faster in smaller code.

The biggest thing is going to be learning the commands. I've been looking through the manual and like what I see. There's a lot of power there for a small price. And upgrades are free for life!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this package. The only thing I didn't see that I was looking for was a grid gadget... Then I found the code for one online and it's got everything I need, and easy to work into the code :-)
You gotta love the internet....

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com