[Coco] OS-9 loading NEW WAY

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:55:06 EDT 2015

On Apr 21, 2015 2:55 AM, "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1 at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> It was a replacement for the DECB "DOS" command, track 34 and OS9boot
files.

> It likely fell on deaf ears and no kind words were said about it. I hear
a lot of that.

> SHF

This happens sometimes and is unfortunate.   The noise on the list can
drown out the folks actually creating new things and making stuff happen.
Brett is one of the guys who makes stuff happen :)

I have been following cocoboot for a while (and cheerleading for it now and
then).  I think this is one of the best innovations we've seen on the coco
in some time (not to discount any of the other great work that has been
done!) The coco boot/IPL process hasn't seen much attention since the DECB
ROMs were written.  Cocoboot is very flexible and can quite literally
bootstrap a whole range of interesting projects.  It offers improvement for
existing systems too, for instance simplifying the nitros9 boot up while
saving precious system ram at the same time.