[Coco] OT: PureBasic?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 15:34:34 EDT 2015

Has anyone here used PureBasic? I've been trying to find something that I came develope on for multi-platform and PureBasic seemed to pop up in my searches quite often.
I'm thinking of purchasing the latest, PureBasic 5.31 as it's got a reasonable price, but I want to know if it's worth the effort.
I really want something "basic oriented" as I don't feel like delving too deep into a new language.
I have a few "Coco oriented" projects in mind. One would be something like Luis Fernandez's "CocoDSKUtil" which is a really nice program, but unfinished (crashes often) and unfortunately, a lot of it is in Spanish. The IDE menus and labels are in english, but a lot of the prompts are still in spanish, so when I get an error (which is often) or prompt, I have no clue what it is as these are partly in spanish. I have a couple of other projects in mind as well.

I'm very familiar with MS Visual Basic and have worked with several other Basics as well, so would PureBasic be a good choice, or is there something else I should look for? As I said, I would like to be able to develope for (at least) Windows, Mac and Linux so that anything I come up with could be available for everybody.

Thanks :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com