[Coco] Fixing my "F" board TDP-100...

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Apr 20 14:50:44 EDT 2015

On Monday 20 April 2015 14:43:00 Al Hartman wrote:
> Eeek!
>
> I'll check that when I get back from the doctor's office. I'm testing
> a Coco 2 a friend gave me now.
>
> I found out why plugging in the RAM checker cartridge made the system
> go screwy. The silver label covering the window on the EPROM in the
> cartridge fell off, and it was shorting some lines on the edge
> connector. Once I removed the label, the cartridge started to work
> fine. I think I got lucky, and it didn't damage anything.

Re-cover that window as that eprom can be erased by enough uv light
getting to it over time.  And I found many years ago, that common Scotch
33 or similar electrical tape is actually transparent enough at UV
wavelengths to do that, given enough time.  Scotch 88 is much less
transparent at UV wavelengths.

> -[ Al ]-

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)