[Coco] Coco 1 displaying in B&W

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Sun Apr 19 09:19:03 EDT 2015

Vincent,

Certainly does not sound like the TV, though trying on another TV just to make certain would not be a bad idea if you haven't tried that already. Is the output to screen clear and fine other than not having color? This is really sounding like a good possibility that something is wrong inside the RF output circuit to me. I'd still reseat chips as recommended by others. Heck, I'd probably reset every socketed component. If none of that works and the system still won't do color, it might be worth trying to do a Composite Video Mod and bypass the RF circuit. I don't know if the mods currently being discussed on the list will work with the CoCo 1 or not.  Not sure how much $ or time you want to put into this, but a Composite Mod would help isolate the issue and yield better quality video in either case. Not sure what else to suggest myself, there's a lot of people on the list far more experienced with Video than myself, so hopefully enough suggestions will come to help you nail it down.