[Coco] DriveWire MacServer Development Restarts

Boisy Pitre coco at toughmac.com
Sat Apr 18 09:09:31 EDT 2015

For all DriveWire users out there who use Macs:

After years of dormancy, I have restarted development of the DriveWire server for Mac OS X. It no longer resides in the SourceForge repository, but is now on GitHub:

https://github.com/boisy/DriveWire-MacServer <https://github.com/boisy/DriveWire-MacServer>

The code is in Objective-C and targets Mac OS X 10.6 and newer.

The reason for this mainly stems from my desire to no longer run a Java based Drivewire server on my Mac. While the Java version of DriveWire Server is fantastic and feature rich, I find that it is a little too “heavy" for the older Macs that I run DriveWire server on. Aaron understands my reasoning and supports the divergence of the Mac Server project to its own repository.

The current focus is getting support in for virtual serial ports and virtual screens. I’m asking and encouraging Mac users of DriveWire who also have Cocoa coding skills to help with the maintenance and updating of this project.

I am currently doing it alone, but would welcome additional participation.