[Coco] Fixing my "F" board TDP-100...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Apr 17 10:45:12 EDT 2015

Got back to my TDP-100 this morning...

Last night, I tested the Coco 2 I bought as a parts unit on eBay, and besides a little corrosion on the cartridge port, it appears to work fine.

I put the Grey Coco “E” board unit with the chicklet keyboard and broken case up next. It is a 16k unit, and works fine. The Op Amp seems to be socketed. I’ll change that out when I do the 64k upgrade.

I took the TDP-100 fully apart. I de-soldered the broken power switch, broken reset switch, and the op-amp. Soldered in a new faster op-amp, soldered in the replacement for the capacitor I broke, and lastly removed the broken up-front reset switch. Taking a short break. Later today, I’ll solder in the bypass jumper wires for the power switch, solder in the wires for the reset switch, install the new reset switch in the front of the case, solder the wire to it after reassembling the coco and testing everything. I’ll also have to reinstall the Mark Data video adapter and solder the one wire that is missing a clip.

I’m still missing the “9” key keycap from the HJL keyboard.

I probably should have ordered sockets for the op-amps. I’ll test the machine before reassembling it fully, and try the serial port using DW4. If I have to, I’ll remove this op-amp, and wait for a socket to arrive. I have 9 more chips.

Next, I’ll work on trying to read the ROMs from the lowerkits, and then burning two Dragon 64 ROMs.

Next project after that will be bringing back my Dragon 64 from the dead.

-[ Al ]-