[Coco] How I "Ported" Planet of Death to Coco

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 11:48:30 EDT 2015

I used the same adventure engine back in the early 80s to "attempt" to write a large adventure in BASIC. I eventually ran out of memory on my 16k Coco 2and abandoned the project.
I got the "Tower of Mystery" listing from:

"COMPUTE!'s Guide to Adventure Games"

by Gary McGath and published in 1984. I think it was a collection of their articles so the "Tower of Mystery" was probably in "Compute!" magazine as well.

The info in that book was invaluable to me in learning BASIC programming as I had to convert the listing to be compatible with the Coco.
I have a scan of the book that could be upoloaded.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com