[Coco] My Windows Readme

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 07:33:26 EDT 2015

Stephen, with all your knowledge, wisdom, and superior intelligence... 'cmdgen' is NOT some renamed shellscript or Microware's 'build' command renamed. It is a machine language program written by S. B. Goldberg and is one of the many 'Goldberg Utilities' uploaded to Delphi, which is where I got it from. Steve Goldberg wrote MANY fine utilities and modules for OS9, some of which were published in Rainbow and other publications as well as sold commercially.

As for the 'Sleuth' X-disassembler... The one on Gene's site works. Whether it has the 6502 code or not, I can't say, but the original version is in the SWTPC files I linked to earlier but it is not 'Level 2' compatible (missing the L2 system calls) which is why Gene was working on his version (with the original author's permission). There is still a little work needed to be done on how it sets up the header variables, but still better than most of the OS9 disassemblers I've tried and I've tried about every one in all the archives.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com