[Coco] NitrOS9 Boot Help

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Apr 11 14:11:20 EDT 2015

I can't understand how HDBDOS being on a rom cart in a Coco 3 would matter.... something is not right in that cart!!!
I have HDBDOS 1.4 DW in rom and have no such problems.
On a Coco 3, ROM is copied to RAM when BASIC initiates as that's how Super Extended Color BASIC patches into ECB/DECB. The same goes for HDBDOS when it's present. You should be able to change the offsets regardless of type of HDBDOS (rom, bin, or cas). Of course this is not true on a Coco 1 or 2. But a Coco 3 is ALWAYS in RAM mode unless switched by software.

On my Coco 3, I run a menu system on bootup that allows me to set the offsets for various sizes of VHD partitions (or none) as well as boot several different incarnations of NitrOS9.

Oh, and sorry about the typos in the POKEs. My AOL email client is always loading ads and when it does, it misses keystrokes while ads are loading :-(

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com