[Coco] About those EPROMS...

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu Apr 9 20:44:49 EDT 2015

Yes, I used to work on arcade video games back in the 80s and I don't
remember which game it was but I remmeber looking at the schematic and
wondering why all that extra circuitry existed between the processor and
the EPROMs.  In reality, though, all you would have had to do was to
plug in some sort of emulator into the processor socket and you could
read the code from the EPROMs if you wanted to disassemble it.  I've
also seen circuits where the address lines and data lines were all
scrambled around....not too hard to figure out, but....

Dave Philipsen