[Coco] And on the delusional Ebay auction post today...

camillus blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:11:41 EDT 2015

Hi Salvador,

What is the deal with this station, you still have it and want to get rid ofit?

I'll take it from you, at the fest in chicago on saturday.

Let me know,ok.

camillus

On 4/9/2015 9:07:09 AM, Salvador Garcia <ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net> wrote:
Actually, I am mad :-)

I wanted a Sparc Station, but these were always way too expensive then about 10 years ago I got this one donated to me. Yoohoo! I tested it and it works fine, except for the password. It boots into Sun Os2.4. Just getting the monitor from the garage to the house was an event similar to that of the Egyptians moving a stone block to build the pyramids.

My plan was to research and find a user group, forum or people in general that knew this machine and get advice from them on how to circumvent the password. I see that you present some ideas in your post. But Real Life really had a ball with me. I've been busy and have kept putting off looking into the SunOS pwd issue. And the huge monitor does not help, as I have no room in the house and the garage isn't exactly work-friendly. After 10 years it is still sitting there. Getting a different monitor for it (an LCD screen) hasn't been an option because the Sparc Station seems to use some video standard that isn't.

If that isn't a definition of mad then I don't know what is ;-)

So if I can find a better home for it, I'll be happy (actually not so much, but that's beside the point).

If the weather gets any better I'll try to get a picture of the Sparc Station (minus the monitor) so you all can see the model. I'll follow up in the evening (central time US). Salvador