[Coco] 1 meg board

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 23:12:30 EDT 2015

The only "safe" uninstallation I know of for the 1 meg board (other than desoldering) is to :
1. Unplug the dat board from the power. This is a small wire going to the front, left hand corner of the Dat board which is the board over the CPU (right). It should be a clip, just unplug it gently.
2. Remove the top memory board (left).
3. Disconnect any power wires to the bottom memory board.
4. remove the bottom memory board.
5. Install the 1st memory board (#2 above) where the last one was.

Now you have a 512k Coco 3

The dat board can stay as it will not interfere with normal operation.
Also, just removing the power wire from the dat (#1 above) will also yield a 512k Coco 3, but if the memory board has problems then it may need to be removed as above.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com