[Coco] DS1216C SmartWatch source?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Apr 8 21:18:52 EDT 2015

The SmartWatch works great as a RTC for the CoCo, provided you have a
driver for it.  I sold lots of them as add-ons for Extended ADOS-3, which
contains such a driver.  I think its best use is for dating files and
displaying creation dates in the directory.

There are SmartWatch drivers for OS-9.

A minor problem with using it piggybacked with the disk ROM is that many
controllers don't have the height necessary to accommodate both.  I cut a
hole in the top of my controller;  others put the SmartWatch into a Rompack
to be used with the MPI.  In many cases, just putting on the cover of the
controller somewhat loosely may suffice.

Art