[Coco] 1 or 2 meg ?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 20:37:47 EDT 2015

Kip, The 1 meg upgrade has TWO memory boards. The "modified" (extra 512k) fits in the old slots and the original 512k upgrade plugs into that board, sitting on top of it.
It's one of the reasons a fan was needed as there's very little air space between them.
The standard thing was to mount a fan pulling from the boottom vents (inside) and close up all the top vents except the ones above the upgrade.
Mine is done like this and runs fairly cool. A small fan is used for for low profile under the keyboard, but mine has a AT keyboard adapter and the old coco 3 keys removed and a plate over the hole so I have a big fan.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com